What We Are
Hiawatha Horse Park is entering its fourth decade as southwestern Ontario’s home for harness racing, sports and entertainment. Since opening its doors to Standardbred racing in 1988, Hiawatha has attracted more than racegoers. The Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) operated a casino adjacent to the track from 1999 to 2012, a driving range was added in 2007, and beach volleyball facilities were added in 2010. After an eight-year hiatus of slot machine gaming, Gateway Casinos Sarnia opened on the grounds of Hiawatha in February 2020.
Where We Are
Hiawatha Horse Park and Entertainment Centre is located just beyond the east edge of Sarnia, at 1730 London Line. We are accessible via exits 6 and 9 on Highway 402, just a 20-minute drive from Port Huron and a little over an hour from London.
From the Blue Water Bridge and points west:
• Travel east on Highway 402
• Take Exit 6 to Modeland Road/ON-40 South
• Stay right for the ramp to ON-40 South (Chatham)
• Take the IMMEDIATE exit onto London Line
• Turn LEFT onto London Line/ON-22, travel 1.6 km
• Hiawatha Horse Park and Entertainment Centre is on your LEFT
From London and points east:
• Travel west on Highway 402
• Take Exit 9 (Airport Road); turn LEFT onto Airport Road
• Turn RIGHT onto London Line/ON-22, travel 1.3 km
• Hiawatha Horse Park and Entertainment Centre is on your RIGHT